Jack and Jill Had a Farm Summer Camp!
We all had a great week at camp. The children were very busy and the days went quick! The weather wasn’t the best but we were able to get outside every day! It was nice to see the children forming new friendships at camp too. The children took part in experiments, activities, art and play that focused on farming and farmers. Mrs. Lehane was our guest reader and she read On The Farm At the Market. We also talked about how excited we are for the Attleboro Farmer’s Market to open this Saturday!
• Raking the mulch and digging in the dirt
• Ice Melt of farm animals in the water table
• Bug catchers & nets
• Water sprayers on the school and rock wall
• Painting with water
• Puddle Fun with paint brushes and chalk
• Snack and lunch
• Sheep fork painting
• Farm animal masks
• Corn and animal sensory play
• Farm lacing cards
• Evolution of Corn – how it grows on a farm, what it looks like when it comes off the stalk, and popped corn.
• Corn kernel egg shakers
• Farm stickers at the easel
• Play doh and feathers
• Pig and chick craft
• Barn and farm chores
• Taking care of animals
• Little pig house building with “straw, sticks and bricks”
• Tape bridge to help the animals cross from one table to another
Thank you for sharing your child with us this week! Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Kelley, Mrs. Renoni, Mrs. Lay and Mrs. Fyrberg